Synology Inc. launched the two-bay DS720+ and the four-bay DS420+ today, designed to provide smooth file sharing, video streaming, and photo management for home and small businesses.
"The Plus Series devices are designed to be feature rich with excellent performance," said Hewitt Lee, Director of Synology Product Management Group. "Both the DS720+ and DS420+ now include two M.2 NVMe slots for cache, turbocharging read-write performance and IOPS for most commonly used data, while the updated CPUs provide an overall boost in compute-intensive performance."
Handle Workloads with Ease
With up to 143% faster app responsiveness1 and over 15% performance boost2 in compute-intensive tasks, the Plus series allows you to work faster and more efficiently. Its two M.2 slots, when occupied are reserved for caching, improving read-write access by up to 20x.
Backup Made Easy
Synology backup solutions are easy to setup, and operate seamlessly in the background, freeing up time otherwise reserved for manual backup procedures. Scheduling, multi-version backups, and flexible storage rotation options make file recovery a breeze.
Share Media Anytime, Anywhere
Whether streaming media to friends or family, or editing with high-definition footage, the Plus series can effortlessly synchronize media across a range of digital devices and operating systems. Permission settings are available for designated users or the public to gain access.
Both devices are available for purchase in Europe on June 18 from Synology resellers and partners.
Intel® Celeron® J4125
Intel® Celeron® J4025
||2 GB DDR4 - Upgradable to 6 GB
||Up to 112 TB with DX517
||Up to 64 TB
|Drive Bays Internal / Max4
||2 / 7
|Dedicated Cache Slot
||2 x M.2 NVMe 2280
||2 x Gigabit RJ-45
||Up to 5 years5
- The app responsiveness figure is based on the average percentage improvement of DS720+ relative to its predecessor, as tested at Synology labs.
- The performance boost figure is based on the average percentage improvement for the DS420+ and DS720+ units relative to their predecessors, as tested at Synology labs. Test items include file indexing in Synology Drive and photo indexing in Synology Moments.
- Raw capacity based on 16TB drives. Actual usable capacity will vary depending on configuration and units of measure.
- The capacity of DS720+ can be expanded using a Synology DX517 Expansion Unit, purchased separately.
- 5-year warranty is available as an optional bundle with EW201, a 2-year Extended Warranty service add-on.